About Me

My photo
Knoxville, TN, United States
Reformed Christian with 1 Wife, 1 Daughter, 1 God (in 3 persons), Sixty-Six Books, 5 Points, 5 Sola's, and 1 Purpose to Glorify God.

VIDEO ABOUT WORDS OF LIFE

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Thoughts

Do you ever compare your life or yourself to "bible characters"? You know they were not "characters" like you would read about in any other book. It is easy sometimes to think about them as "not real" but they were real people just like you and I. What a life they lived! I think of John the Baptist, Peter, and Paul. Who do you think of or compare your life to? Who do you have the same attitudes, characteristics, or personalities of? The one that humbles me the most is when I compare myself to Christ. We are all called "to look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2) We may see ourselves in the "bible characters", but do we see Christ in ourselves? I think John the Baptist said it best when he said, "He must increase,but I must decrease." (John 3:30) That is my prayer for me and you that Christ would increase in our lives.