About Me

My photo
Knoxville, TN, United States
Reformed Christian with 1 Wife, 1 Daughter, 1 God (in 3 persons), Sixty-Six Books, 5 Points, 5 Sola's, and 1 Purpose to Glorify God.

VIDEO ABOUT WORDS OF LIFE

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Thoughts

A quote from the great Reformer John Calvin "Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God." I think of several men in the Bible when I read that quote. I think of the Prophet Isaiah who saw the Lord and said, "Woe is me, for I am undone." I think of John the Baptist who said, " I am not worthy to carry His sandals" and " I need to be baptized by You." I think of the disciples in the boat during the storm when they woke Jesus up to help them. After He calmed the storm, the Bible says they were terrified and said, "who is this man who the wind obeys?" They were scared during the storm, but terrified after it because of what they saw. (Mark 4:41) In Luke chapter 5 we have Peter who said after the great catch, "Depart from me for I am a sinful man." Paul said, " I am the chief of all sinners." R.C. Sproul says in his book The Holiness of God, "It is one thing to fall victim to the flood or to fall prey to cancer; it is another thing to fall into the hands of the living God." Have you ever experienced the presence of God's holiness? If so how did you react? For me, it is a very humbling experience. It reminds me of Psalm 8:4, "What is man that You are mindful of him." I hope you take some time this week to stop and reflect on who God is.Think about His holiness and His majesty.