About Me

My photo
Knoxville, TN, United States
Reformed Christian with 1 Wife, 1 Daughter, 1 God (in 3 persons), Sixty-Six Books, 5 Points, 5 Sola's, and 1 Purpose to Glorify God.

VIDEO ABOUT WORDS OF LIFE

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Thoughts

We have all heard about the recent deaths of some "big name celebrities" Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson to name a few.


It reminded me of a statistic. That is every second two people will die. We are all part of the great statistic. 10 out of 10 people die. Death should not surprise us, but it does somehow. The bible says " it is appointed unto a man once to die and then the judgment", (Hebrews 9:27) and "we are a vapor." (James 4:14) We all are involved in a not so slow death march. I tell you this sobering news to remind us to redeem the time, (Eph. 5:16) knowing only what we have done for eternity will last. (I Cor. 3:11-14) I want to ask you a question that was asked of me one time. If you only had 24 hours to live, what would you do? Think about that for a second. What came to your mind? Why aren't you doing it? None of us are promised our next breathe, so live your life as if you only had 24 hours to live, because you just might.