About Me

My photo
Knoxville, TN, United States
Reformed Christian with 1 Wife, 1 Daughter, 1 God (in 3 persons), Sixty-Six Books, 5 Points, 5 Sola's, and 1 Purpose to Glorify God.

VIDEO ABOUT WORDS OF LIFE

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Thoughts

Coram Deo is a Latin phrase, which translated means “in the presence of God.” We live our lives in the presence of God, whether people see us or not, God always sees us. The Psalmist said in Psalm 139:7-8 “Where can I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.” As Cory Mayfield said a few Sundays ago when speaking about Jonah, we too can not hide from God. We live our lives Coram Deo. The sheer gravity of that statement should cause us to consider where we go, what we say, what we think, what we look at, and what we spend most of our time doing. Knowing that God is watching us does not always affect the way we live our lives. When that happens, we are nothing more than “practical atheist” meaning we live our lives as if there is no God. We all do that from time to time, but let us be aware of those times, and repent and turn back to a Holy God and may those times be few and far between. I would like to challenge us this week, myself included, to live our lives with the reality of Coram Deo and see what a difference it makes in ALL of our actions.