About Me

My photo
Knoxville, TN, United States
Reformed Christian with 1 Wife, 1 Daughter, 1 God (in 3 persons), Sixty-Six Books, 5 Points, 5 Sola's, and 1 Purpose to Glorify God.

VIDEO ABOUT WORDS OF LIFE

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Thoughts

I love the words to the old hymn " I Stand Amazed" by Charles Gabriel. The first verse says:




"I stand amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene,


and wonder how He could love me a sinner, condemned, unclean"



All too often we do not slow down or stop long enough to be amazed by God or what He has done for us in Christ Jesus. At some point we stop being amazed at the depths of His mercy and grace that removes the penalty we deserve. Romans 4:5 says, "God justifies the ungodly". I would like to encourage you to sometime this week slow down, stop, and be amazed in the presence of a Holy God. Consider who He is and who you are, and then you will stand amazed in His presence.